A dream nurtured on racetracks all over the world.
The racing technology applied to the pleasure of driving.
A unique product, designed to enhance the company’s key skills: carbon fiber structures, aerodynamics and vehicle dynamics.
Varano de’ Melegari, November 16 2017 – The first model of Dallara Stradale was handed over to its owner on the day of his birthday. Giampaolo Dallara, a life as an Engineer, went out to drive the street-legal Dallara right from the building in which he started his business activity 45 years ago in Varano de’ Melegari, not far from the house where he was born on November 16,1936.
In the base configuration, the Dallara Stradale is a “barchetta” without doors, like a single-seater racing car. It can be customized in a roadster configuration with the addition of a windshield. Adding a T-Frame, the car becomes a targa. With the further addition of two doors with a seagull wing opening, the car becomes a Coupe. For those who want to use the car mostly on track, there is the possibility to install a rear wing, which provides access to exceptional levels of downforce. The car customizations in terms of performance are not limited only to the addition of the rear wing, but it is possible to install adjustable suspensions which allow to lower the car in track setup, guaranteeing a high comfort standard in any condition.
The Dallara Stradale provides a sixspeed manual transmission, but among the optional equipment a “paddle-shift” system is provided for the robotized gearbox which minimizes the time shifting, equipped of two methods and two different mappings, automatic: Normal and Sport; and manual: Normal and Sport.
PERFORMANCE IS OF A TRUE RACING CAR
Thanks to its low weight, an accurate study of vehicle dynamics and high aerodynamic load, the performance is of a true racing car.
- Its 855 kg as a total car weight are a result of the extensive use of composite materials and carbon fiber. The logic behind materials and processes is “materials and processes suitable for their function”: pre-impregnated in an autoclave for the monocoque; long fiber compression moulding in structural components of the bodywork; body panel system in exterior panels; carbon sheet moulding in reinforcements.
- The kinematics of the suspensions and the calibration of springs and bars and dampers have been defined to maximize the compromise between grip and comfort. Dynamic characteristics of the vehicle have been set, developed and defined in numerous sessions at the Dallara Driving Simulator: expert test drivers have worked closely with technicians and engineers to define the specifications of the suspensions, aerodynamics, engine and ergonomics suitable for an exceptional driving pleasure.
- Thanks to the virtual development of the CFD and several Wind Tunnel sessions, the aerodynamic load coefficient obtained allows obtaining vertical load values (downforce) among the highest between GT roadcars (more than 820kg @ TopSpeed).
The Dallara Stradale was developed in close cooperation with CevLab, wich was part of the design project, and Zadi S.p.A. which was part of the production of these parts of the new Dallara Stradale:
- The keyless car ignition system
- Tank cap, internal locks kit and vehicle opening controls
- Sheet metal parts for structure and functionality of the car (RLM)